The Art Jewelry Collective (AJC) is a cooperative of artists who make and sell upscale high-qulaity art jewelry and maintain online stores at Etsy.com, a wonderful online marketplace for all things handmade. We felt that the existing customer-base at Etsy was not meeting our needs, and thus decided to collaborate on targeted advertising to attract buyers who are willing and able to pay what our work is worth.
The styles and materials used by the various AJC artists are diverse, ranging from precious gemstones and Swarovski crystal, to lampwork and other glass; from ceramic, polymer clay and mixed media, to beadweaving and wirework. We are however united in our commitment to:
- quality workmanship and uniqueness
- professional and authentic presentation
- excellence in customer service
- appreciation and preservation of jewelry as a respected art form
- upholding the standard for a respectable and “living wage”for art jewelry-makers
- educating potential customers and the general public toward a more qualitative versus quantitative (high volume, low price) mind-set